Kathleen Kleinmann served as the founding director of Tri-County Patriots for Independent Living in 1990 and now is the Chief Executive Officer of TRIPIL in Washington PA.
Prior Professional Experience:
- New Jersey Medical Assistance (Medicaid)
Long Term Care Unit, 1975 - 1979
- Three Rivers Center for Independent Living
1982 - 1986
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Pittsburgh
1987 - 1999
Is in program development and has an outstanding record of achievement in organizing "first time" events that become the template for on-going projects. Has extensive history serving as organizer and trainer for the National Council on Independent Living, Statewide Independent
Living Council, and Pennsylvania Council on Independent Living; ADAPT.
One of the major organizers of the first statewide independent living conference and the first national conference held by the National Council on Independent Living. Was also one of the earliest pioneers in applications of computers and the internet to disability advocacy and programs through work with DIMENET. Provides training as a consultant on advocacy, and independent living philosophy.
Education background includes:
- Masters in Public Health, Univ. of Pittsburgh, 1982
- Masters in Social Work, Florida State Univ., 1975
- Bachelor's in Rehabilitation Education & Social Welfare, Penn State, 1974.
Has received the Pennsylvania Independent Living 1995 Wade Blank Award and 1999 Hall of Fame Award for outstanding dedication and contribution.